Franchise Local Ltd ("we", “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions that apply to your use of our website and our mobile application terms and conditions that apply to your use of our mobile application) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Franchise Local Ltd of Clare Lodge, 41 Hollybush Lane, Harpenden AL5 4AY
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Franchise Local.co.uk (the “Website”) or the registration process for our mobile application (the “App”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter, posting discounts and other material or contacting us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the App.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• If you enter one of our competitions we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our Website or your use of the App, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website or the App by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or your mobile device's internal memory. They help us to improve our Website and our App and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website or App according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Website or use our App.
If you register with the Website or use our App on your mobile device, or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about our voucher codes, printable vouchers, deals, sales or other products and services we feel may interest you. Your e-mail address may also be used to send you information about our other websites that we feel are relevant to your registration on the Website.
You can sign up to our newsletter through submitting your email address at any of the sign-up boxes featured throughout the Website or via our User Registration page. By providing your email address you agree to receive regular newsletter emails from the Website.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link featured within each of our newsletters. Alternatively, recipients can edit their personal information or manage newsletter subscriptions by updating their information within their user profile.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.We may disclose your personal information to our affiliate advertisers, but only to the extent you have redeemed a voucher offered by the affiliate advertiser or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through the Website or App on behalf of the affiliate advertiser.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in “Uses Made of the Information” above such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect personal information and are only allowed to use the personal information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Franchise Local.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions, mobile application terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Franchise Local.co.uk, our customers, or others.
• We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific Terms and Conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website or our App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter please sign in to your account and update your preferences on the Email Options tab. Alternatively, you can reply to one of our Newsletters with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.
Franchise Local Ltd, Clare Lodge, 41 Hollybush Lane, Harpenden AL5 4AY
[email protected] Local.co.uk
Sign up for a free newsletter and receive the latest opportunities and news straight in your inbox.