Driver Hire Franchise
Established over 37 years ago, Driver Hire has become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, supplying customers in a wide range of sectors nationwide. The Driver Hire network consists of 104 offices across the UK, all focused on supplying thousands of satisfied customers each year.
Established over 37 years ago, Driver Hire has become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, supplying customers in a wide range of sectors nationwide. The Driver Hire network consists of 104 offices across the UK, all focused on supplying thousands of satisfied customers each year. Read Less
Run your own £1m+ franchise within the award-winning Driver Hire network
Are you looking to join a proven business? Find out everything you need to know about how you could join one of the UK’s most successful franchises
Driver Hire is one of the UK’s most successful and highly respected franchise brands in the UK, they are:
- Overall Winner – bfa Franchisor of the Year 2019.
- Ranked the No.1 Recruitment Franchise – Elite Franchise Top 100 List (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) Currently placed 9th overall.
- Regular Finalist (14 out of the last 17 years) and six-times award winner in the BFA Franchisor of the Year awards.
Our business reputation is built on the quality of service to both customers who need to find excellent staff and candidates who are looking for work. 94% of customers rated our service as Good or Excellent in our 2020 surveys and 96% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire. In a highly regulated industry, this reflects the high standards of professionalism from our franchisees and throughout our business.
Why Choose Driver Hire?
Driver Hire are one of the UK’s leading specialist recruiters, providing logistics staff to the private and public sectors, consequently there are a number of reasons why joining us is a great idea!
- For the last financial year, 2021/22:
- The average franchise turnover (single unit) was £1,230,183 – around three times the UK franchise industry average.
- 73% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £750,000
- 55% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £1million
- 13% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £2million
- The average yearly net profit for a franchised office was more than £140,000 and top performing franchisees generate significantly higher profits, giving you very realistic potential earnings well in excess of £100k per year.
- We are full members of the British Franchise Association (bfa).
- One of the leading logistics recruiters, so you can have every confidence in the service you are selling. Plus, you are providing a service for which there is a clear and growing demand.
- Over 75 head office support staff when you need them, so you will never be alone in your business.
- Access to National Accounts, delivering 20% of network revenue.
- Bespoke IT systems which have been developed to support the needs of a Driver Hire business, giving you the best possible tools to succeed.
What does Driver Hire do?
Since 1983, our 100+ franchisees have been supplying businesses and firms across the country with temporary drivers, as well as non-driving staff, for all sorts of needs; we are now the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, and proud to be a franchised business.
Our near 40 years of experience have made us one of the top companies for finding different businesses the staff they need for permanent positions (we work on a no-success, no fee basis), long-term contracts or simply drivers for one-off jobs.
We don’t focus purely on drivers; we regularly help find people for non-driving roles that come with haulage links, such as warehouse staff and managers.
With all of this comes our robust central support system that provides both new and established franchisees with the training and support they need to succeed. This starts with identifying people who are suitable for running a Driver Hire recruitment business, to providing a comprehensive training programme, before then providing a level of operational support which is unrivalled in the industry.
What makes a great Franchisee?
Driver Hire franchisees come from all walks of life but there are personal traits that they all have in common; they are:
- Can-do attitude
- Confident relationship builder
- Good communicator
- Effective people manager
Relevant industry experience is not necessary as we provide you with all the training you will need, however, we do find that the following backgrounds can be beneficial:
- Sales or Business Development
- Operations Management
- Past business ownership
- Any other role where winning business was a requirement, e.g. self-employed contractor who has to pitch to win work or develop relationships to win future business.
See what some of our existing franchisees think HERE
How much do I need to invest?
The Driver Hire franchise fee for a new start-up is just £32,000 however there are only a few remaining start-up areas available. If you are looking to invest in an established territory re-sale these start from £50,000. The minimum investment required is £60,000 and your minimum liquid capital amount should be at least £25,000.
Click HERE for more information on our available territories.
Your Next Steps.
The Driver Hire brand provides you with a huge advantage over the competition and is supported by a wealth of support from over 75 head office staff across several important departments. So if you can see yourself owning and running a Driver Hire office we want to hear from you today – we have a specialist in-house Franchise Sales team ready to help you learn more.