Dyno-Rod: Drains FranchiseDrainage Franchise
At Dyno, we are proud to be one of the UK's most respected brands: a powerhouse in the world of franchising, Our Dyno-Rod business owners reap benefits from immense brand power; world-class training and support; and dynamic national marketing campaigns.
Yes, through a third party, subject to terms.
Opportunities available across the UK
Single/multi-territory management franchises available across the country
Invest in your own specialist drain servicing business with the famous Dyno-Rod brand. Start your business with employees, vehicles and an established income stream.
Grow your business from one established territory
Build on an established client base, staff, vehicles and monthly income.
Buy an established multi-territory multi-service business
Take over an established franchisee’s Dyno-Rod business – sizes vary.
Leading brand, lucrative sector
- Stable service mix: profitable emergency work, repairs and recurring commercial contracts
- Brand power: Dyno-Rod is synonymous with drain repairs across the UK
- National and key accounts: regular work from big businesses in your territory(s)
- Continuous demand: 24/7/365 for domestic and commercial customers
- Fewer employees = less stress: start with a team of c.10 staff per territory
- Truly recession resistant: unblocking drains is unaffected by the economy
About you and your role
Franchisees come from a wide range of backgrounds, the most successful sharing an ability to manage their drainage engineers.
This is not an absentee investment opportunity, your role as franchisee and business owner is to lead your team, ensure an exceptional level of customer service is delivered and focus on growing your business, with guidance and support available for you at every stage.
World-class systems and support
Your business support team at Centrica plc (Dyno-Rod’s parent company) is led by long-standing franchisee advocates, leaders who are driving the next exciting era for Dyno-Rod business owners.
- World-class business information and management systems to empower you with the reporting and insight you need to manage and grow your business.
- Out-of-hours enquiry handling, job bookings and cashflow admin by an inhouse team mainly located at Centrica’s Stockport offices.
- HR, Legal and H&S guidance from leading consultants helping to ensure you can keep your business operations compliant.
- A national and key accounts sales team that win work for franchisees, adding to your locally won emergency residential and commercial contracts.
- Long-standing experienced team of business coaches who provide one-2-one in-territory guidance and support covering every element of your business.
First established in 1963, Dyno-Rod is widely recognised and trusted, with customers expecting both service excellence and premium pricing. This brand reputation is maintained through national marketing activity (some examples below) and you will also benefit from local lead generation.
Your business journey
This is a proven franchise opportunity, one of the oldest in the world! Dyno-Rod franchisees often build sizeable multi-territory, multi-service operations. Due to their commitment and hard work, established franchisees can enjoy healthy incomes, a good work/life balance and build a sizeable pension pot for their future. Many of the larger businesses command £1m+ valuations.
“The brand opens doors and our team feels a sense of pride working for Dyno-Rod.The relationship with the franchisor is really open and allows us to discuss challenges and be part of future planning discussions.”
“The support you get is fantastic. The accounts team wins us new business – growth is always a priority – and your area managers are always on hand to help you with any queries. It’s a leading brand and you feel very safe working with them.”
“The senior leadership team are really on point and are driving the Dyno-Rod brand forward. It has created massive opportunities for us, allowing us to change our lifestyles and continue pushing our business forward.”
Interesting facts about Dyno-Rod
- The brand is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2023 and is one of the oldest franchises in the world
- Some franchisees have operated their Dyno-Rod businesses for 30+ years
- Originally franchised by the industry legend Jim Zockoll, a former airline pilot
- Founding members of the British Franchise Association
- One of our franchisees has the Royal Warrant serving King Charles’s Sandringham Estate
- Contracts to work at sites for Costa Coffee, CBRE, British Gas, Amazon
- A constant stream of work from the British Gas service contracts
- More than 400,000 drains cleared in the last 2 years
There are several routes into owning your own Dyno-Rod business with different levels of investment from £100k upwards.
Whether you are looking for a proven management franchise and have no experience of the sector or are an ambitious manager of an existing drainage business – please get in touch with one of the team at Dyno-Rod HQ to find out more.