The winners have been named at the glittering 2023 BFA HSBC British Franchise Awards.
Founded in 1977 and with a strapline of ‘Discover Your Tomorrow’ the BFA (British Franchise Association), is the hub of franchising in the UK. The association strives to brighten people’s futures by showcasing the opportunities for businesses and individuals to transform their lives through franchising, whilst also providing an educational space and accreditations, governed by their high standards and a code of ethics.
Nearly 600 hundred members of the franchising community gathered for the prestigious event, known as the ‘Oscars of franchising’, to celebrate the finest in franchising in the UK.
The awards were held at The Vox Conference Centre in Birmingham on 9th November 2023. The winners were:
- Franchisor of the Year – Gold – Agency Express
- Franchisor of the Year – Silver – Driver Hire
- Franchisor of the Year – Bronze – InXpress
- Franchisor of the Year – Lifestyle – Extra Help
- Leadership and Culture – Revive!
- Brand Awareness – Water Babies
- Emerging – joint winners Canopy and Rise
- Trailblazer – Water Babies
- Lifestyle – Jen Fisher, Mini First Aid
- Next Generation – Brandon Akerman, ChipsAway
- Community Focus – Diljit Brar, Costa Coffee
- Trailblazer – Siva Kugathas, ServiceMaster Clean (Contract Services)
- Single Brand, HSBC Best in Class, Multi Unit – Suhail Rehman, Home Instead
- Multi Brand, HSBC Best in Class, Multi Unit – Raja Adil, The Adil Group
- Special Judges Award – Angelina Mouralidarane, Iceking
- Franchisee People’s Choice – Siva Kugathas, ServiceMaster Clean (Contract Services)
Pip Wilkins, Chief Executive of the BFA said: “Our huge congratulations to all the winners tonight. We had some fantastic entries this year and these winners really stood out from the crowd. We would like to thank them for being such great ambassadors of the BFA and for representing the very best in UK franchising.”
UK Head of Franchise, Commercial Banking at sponsors HSBC Bank Gillian Morris said: “The diversity of franchising on display at tonight’s awards ceremony – across so many brands and sectors – demonstrates the strength and reach of the industry. Choosing a winner is never easy and I’d like to join Pip in thanking everyone who entered and send our warm congratulations to all the winners on these very well-deserved awards.”