Junk Hunters Franchise
The ‘rubbish’ business with huge potential. Grab a share of the multi-billion pound waste removal and recycling market by owning a Junk Hunters franchise.
The ‘rubbish’ business with huge potential. Grab a share of the multi-billion pound waste removal and recycling market by owning a Junk Hunters franchise. Read Less
Become a Junk Hunter
Are you looking to build a scalable business that provides a valuable service to clients as well as the environment? A business which has seen a growth in demand? A business that you can run from either your home or a premises?
Then Junk Hunters ticks all of those boxes.
UK Waste Statistics
Before starting any business you need to be confident that there is a demand for the service that you are going to offer.
Let’s look at some of the Industry Stats.
- UK Households throw away 23 million metric tonnes of waste annually
- 5% of all waste is re-cycled
- 70% of packaging waste is re-cycled
- Commercial and Industrial waste exceeds 41million tonnes
- In total the UK generates over 200 million tonnes of waste annually
- Waste Management in the UK is a £9billion industry
(Stats Via UK Gov.)
As a Junk Hunters franchisee you can be confident that you will be operating in a sector where demand not only exists but is growing.
About Junk Hunters
Junk Hunters are specialists in ‘waste’ removal and recycling. With huge market potential covering domestic, commercial and construction clients you can build a business with a consistent demand for your services. Founded in 2012 by Sri Lankan Entrepreneur Harsha Rathnayake Junk Hunters operate a fleet of specially adapted highly branded trucks. Not only do Junk Hunters provide the trucks, their teams of trained operatives also provide the labour. Unlike hiring a skip, clients do not need to lift a finger as everything from the removal of a single item, through to a complete site clearance will be taken care of by Junk Hunters.
The Junk Hunters Franchise Model
Junk Hunters believe in choice. As a prospective franchisee therefore you have the choice of;
- Two specially adapted Truck sizes 3.5 tonne or 6.5 tonne
- Operating as a Management Franchise where your role is business development and marketing and you employ a driver or;
- Driving the truck yourself as an Operator Franchisee thus reducing your overheads
- Operating from home
- Being premises based
- Operating with a single vehicle
- Scaling up to a multi-truck operation
Not all waste is ‘Junk!’
One person’s ‘junk’ may well turn out to be someone else’s prized possession and you will find that to be true as a Junk Hunter franchisee!
Many of the items that we are asked to collect have a re-sale value. Metal, wood and cardboard can all be sold to specialist re-cycling centres. Second Hand furniture outlets specialising in office or household furniture are also a source of income and individual items can be sold through a number of on line portals. Some of the more unusual items that Junk Hunters have been asked to collect include a Charles Dickens 1st Edition book, Louis Vuitton handbags and a full size snooker table and trophies!
The income from any item that you sell will not be subject to any fees payable to Junk Hunters so you keep 100% of the profit!
Why Choose Junk Hunters?
Junk Hunters appreciate that you have a lot of choice when it comes to picking a franchise to partner with. However they are confident that they have compelling reasons why you should consider them. These include;
- No direct competitor offering franchises in this sector
- The opportunity to operate in a growing, sustainable market sector
- Own a business that has environmental benefits both locally and nationally
- A single Call Centre number ensuring that all customer calls are answered making sure that you never miss a job
- An online booking system allowing customers to request a pick-up 24/7
- A leading edge Management System allowing you to control your business from your PC, Tablet or Smartphone
- The option to run your franchise under a ‘Management’ or ‘Operator’ format
- A business that can be run either from home or a premises
- Excellent cash flow with a high percentage of jobs carried out paid on the day
- No Management Fee charged on items that you sell (100% profit retained by you)
- A scalable business that can achieve a high future re-sale value
The Ideal Junk Hunter
Harsha, the founder of Junk Hunters built his business up to a multi-vehicle operation through hard work and determination which are two of the pre-requisites of any Junk Hunters franchisee.
A Junk Hunters franchisee can be from any background. You may have previous experience of driving a truck or business development and marketing experience. Irrespective of what your job was previously, Junk Hunters will give you the opportunity to be a business owner assuming that you have;
- The ambition to build a business
- A willingness to replicate an operating system that has proved to be successful
- The ability to relate to people at all levels
- A desire to provide an outstanding service by putting the customer first
Training & Support
A major benefit of owning a franchise is that you will be replicating the existing successful business model that your franchisor has established. The training and support that you receive will ensure that you will avoid replicating any mistakes that your franchisor might have made when establishing his original business.
Induction Training will take place at Junk Hunter’s Head Office in London. It will be a mixture of practical training where you will spend some time with an existing team ‘on the truck’ assisting with jobs as well as classroom training covering; the legislation associated with the industry, the Junk Hunters Management System and the range of marketing strategies that you will use to gain business. This training will be followed up by practical support back at your territory in order to get your franchise established and to work with you to gain your initial clients.
We may be a ‘Rubbish Franchise’ but Junk Hunters offers a fantastic opportunity for you to change your future!
We have territories available across the UK.
Contact us today, to secure yours!